Supplements are available in every form for multiple types of uses. It doesn’t matter if you want to trigger new muscle gains, lose weight, improve your digestive health, boost your memory or brain function, or improve sexual performance – multiple supplements exist from countless numbers of manufacturers.
Finding the best one for you can be difficult. However, for all physical purposes, there’s one specific type that’s gaining steam as time goes on. Meal replacement shakes provide a well-rounded approach to almost any diet regimen or physical activity you can think of.
These shakes are designed to be a powerful replacement to a healthy meal. Basically, the purpose of these shakes is to give the body the key ingredients it needs to maintain energy, allowing you to save time and gain the benefits of complete foods.
One of the most popular brands currently is Huel. There’s no doubt that Huel meal replacement powder might be one of the best when it comes to meal replacement, but they can be a bit on the expensive side.
As time goes on, more manufacturers emerge, giving Huel more competition in the meal replacement sector. We’ve created a list of the Huel alternatives that are equal, if not better, than Huel.
Table of Contents
Huel Alternatives UK: What You Need to Know
Not all meal replacement shakes are created equal. In fact, it was difficult to find products that actually compared to Huel because of how solid this meal replacement shake is. Huel dominated the market for many years and technically still does – but we did find a couple of options that we felt were a better and high-quality alternative.
So, what should you look for in Huel alternatives UK meal replacement shakes? For starters, you want a shake with all of the essential ingredients to give Huel a run for its money. The list below contains the most important characteristics for Huel alternatives:
- Packed full of essential vitamins and minerals to promote everyday health and fulfill the daily minimum requirements. It must contain essential nutrients and high protein content.
- It should contain vital elements that promote physical and mental health
- Ingredients should have enough natural ingredients to promote high energy workout routines (essential amino acids, hemp protein, plant-based protein, no extremely high amounts of artificial flavors)
- They should increase your stamina and endurance
- Contain no empty calories: Protein meal replacement through healthy calorie intake.
- Allow you to cut weight while building muscle to avoid that bloated or puffy look.
- No synthetic ingredients, containing all of the makings of a regular meal and a balanced diet
One of Huel’s biggest competitors is a product known as Jimmy Joy. In the past, we researched and tested both of these products. These are the basics of our comparison.
Jimmy Joy vs. Huel
Both Jimmy Joy and Huel have been considered leaders in the meal replacement shake industry. Since 2014 when Jimmy Joy first became popular, the two have been in competition. Let’s take a look at both brands.
These two brands were launched right after Soylent first emerged and changed the world of nutrition. Although newer and more efficient alternatives are emerging, you can’t deny the huge difference these brands have made and the tens of millions of units they’ve each sold.
Both of them use oats as their number one source of carbs. The primary fat sources of each are sunflower oil and flaxseed, and the nutritional content in both exceeds the Reference Intake.
They may be close, but Huel has less sugar and fewer grams of carbohydrate. Both are pretty easy to digest, and they’re well-balanced with plenty of macro-nutrients.
Another cool feature of Huel is the fact that many clients use it to make soup. It can be important to create alternatives to just the regular old shake.
So which one is better? In the battle of Jimmy Joy vs. Huel, it’s difficult to decide on a sole victor. Both offerings of Jimmy Joy’s shakes and Huel’s Powder provide everything your body needs and then some.
Plenny Shake (Jimmy Joy) has Huel beat on price. However, Huel has slightly better nutritional values. There are also extra secondary ingredients in Huel, like thickeners. These make their shakes more filling.
We could easily recommend either shake, as we wouldn’t mind vouching for the quality of both brands. The decision could come down to what flavor you like best or which shake has an additional ingredient that appeals to you that the other shake might not have.
Now, let’s get back to doing what we came here to do. Huel alternatives. Which are the best on the market?
Alternatives to Huel
After months of trial and error, we’re confident that we have two quality meal replacement shakes for Huel. It took some time, mostly because of the sheer number of products currently on the market.
Before we could even start testing, we had to narrow the choices down to products that actually worked. As you can imagine, there are a ton of pretenders in an industry as hot as the meal replacement shake space. This is especially true when it comes to alternatives to Huel.
In any industry, a product that’s wildly successful will always be replicated. Everybody wants to have the next hot product. Unfortunately, not everyone puts in what it takes to have the next QUALITY product.
Naturally, the first thing we do is go over the ingredients list. First, the primary ingredients, then we look at any secondary ingredients and additional supplements that may be contained in the product. We also determine how friendly it is for every age group and demographic.
It should have a high calorie count to keep you full and promote lean muscle mass.
Making a product that benefits a wide range of conditions is important. Understandably, certain shakes are released that target a specific segment of the market – expectant mothers, joint formulas, and others are examples. However, a brand should at least make some sort of primary recipe available for everyone to enjoy.
Second, we look at flavor options. If you can’t stomach a shake to get it down, it’s not going to do you any good in the first place, right? Alternatives should have a delicious taste.
Third, we look at additional benefits. Does it have any advantages that are out of the ordinary? Things like a shake being a vegan alternative shake would fall into this category.
Last, we look at the price. Honestly, price doesn’t really hold a lot of weight with us because we believe in paying for a quality product. We would rather pay $100 for one good shake instead of $50 for ten lower-quality options.
However, price still does make a difference, even if just a marginal one. Our last criteria would be the cost-efficiency of a supplement, and whether it has a low cost per meal.
Understanding how we make our selections among meal replacement brands and meal replacement products, let’s get into the products we feel are fantastic alternatives to Huel.
PhenQ Complete Meal Replacement Shake
Visit Their Website:
#1 Meal Replacement
PhenQ is an all-natural meal replacement shake from Wolfson Berg. This brand has been known for producing quality supplements for over a decade, so they aren’t newcomers to the scene by any means.
This brand is also infamous for using thorough testing to develop any product they release. That’s usually a pretty good recipe for success. However, is that enough to make it a suitable alternative to Huel?
The PhenQ Meal Shake works by waking up the metabolism, which allows your body to burn hard-to-eliminate fat right away. It turns on a switch known as AMP-activated protein kinase or AMPK for short. This is a unique enzyme that targets extra fat throughout the body.
The good news? We all have this unique fat-burning enzyme within our bodies. The bad news is, however, is that AMPK begins to decrease drastically as we get older. This is why it gets harder to lose weight the older we get.
PhenQ helps to renew your worn-down metabolism and promote a healthy AMPK response so you can burn that fat that’s eluded you.
This shake is also a complete meal replacement – meaning you can drink it instead of eating an entire meal. All you need is one serving to keep you satisfied and full for hours. You’ll be able to control your cravings and manage your appetite, so you don’t turn to unhealthy junk food or empty calories.
You’ll also be full of energy after consuming a PhenQ shake, making you more active or giving you the ability to power through intense workouts so you can bulk up and obtain a chiseled physique.
Let’s take a look at the five key benefits of this shake.
Benefits of PhenQ
Consider the following benefits of PhenQ Meal Replacement:
- It replaces an entire meal. Put down this vitamin-rich shake and stay satisfied without your hunger returning again, like with lower-quality products.
- Each serving contains 269 calories, giving you a dense meal without the empty calories. The scientifically researched ingredients are proven to help you burn fat and maximize your AMPK.
- Keep your hunger cravings under control with the 16g of protein and 13g of MCT oil. These ingredients make you feel fuller for longer periods.
- PhenQ boosts energy in two different ways. First, healthy MCT oils from coconuts have energy benefits. The second way is it allows your body to burn fat instead of glucose as an energy source.
- Your body needs large amounts of protein to quickly rebuild muscle on a daily basis. Attempting to lose weight by working out requires protein for endurance as well. Phen Q contains 16g of vegan protein to help with this. The KSM-66 ashwagandha is reported to increase muscle strength by 139%.
- This shake also helps you manage stress. Attempting to lose weight can cause significant stress, especially when you’re trying to achieve a certain goal. This can lead to the opposite of what you’re looking for, and the body can actually retain weight. When you use this approach, you naturally calm the body, making it easier to shed pounds.
- Makes it easier to manage blood pressure and a healthy blood sugar level. Contains all natural supplements and important nutritional supplements like InnoSlim.
- These meal replacement shakes are also perfect for when you’re constantly busy. Most people have a hectic lifestyle, and attempting to fit healthy meals and a workout routine into your life can be difficult. PhenQ’s Complete Meal Replacement Shakes are the solution to this problem. With all of the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs to maintain a healthy lifestyle and power through workouts, cutting and bulking on the go is a breeze.
The quality ingredients found in PhenQ include:
- Brown rice powder
- RIce protein
- High fiber content
- Low carbohydrate content
- MCT Coconut Oil
- Hemp protein
- Pea protein
- Nicotinic acid
- Potassium iodide
- Rhetinogenic acid
- Manganese citrate
- Di-biotin pre-distant di-biomyrene
- Potassium chloride
- Magnesium phosphate
- Calcium carbonate
- Anhydrous di-calcium-phosphate
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
PhenQ is a quality meal replacement shake that delivers everything you need to obtain a lean physique and shed pounds. It comes in two great-tasting options and is easy to digest. We definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to get serious about their workout routine.
Let’s take a look at the other suitable alternative, Instant Knockout Complete.
Instant Knockout Complete
Visit Their Website:
Instant Knockout Complete is another quality meal replacement shake. When we tried this offering, we experienced increased levels of energy, and it made the cutting phase of our regiment much easier.
This meal replacement shake uses thermogenesis to accomplish your body’s important tasks to gain lean muscle and drop unwanted weight. Thermogenesis raises the body’s heat and replicates what takes place during an intense workout.
It also has a wide variety of ingredients that replicate a balanced meal. The blend of pea proteins also makes it stand out among healthy meal replacements and meal replacement drinks.
Because of this unique process, the body is able to burn calories even when you’re not working out. Let’s take a look at the ingredients that make this possible.
Instant Knockout Complete has strong ingredients that make it easy to get a chiseled body through muscle development while cutting unwanted fat.
- Golden Flax Seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. This gives you the energy for long, intense workouts.
- MCT Oil naturally reduces your body’s body mass index. This helps the fat melt away.
- Oat flour provides you with good carbs your body needs to maintain energy. The low glycemic index of 37 helps you maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Chia Seeds help you maintain energy levels while promoting digestive health.
Additional ingredients include:
- Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, and K
- Pantothenic acid
Instant Knockout Complete Meal Replacement Shake gives you the following benefits:
- It’s incredibly filling and allows you to stay full and manage your appetite.
- It allows you to focus on muscle growth and bulk up while simultaneously targeting fat for cutting in an aggressive way.
- It helps you maintain your energy levels and focus on a quick, complete recovery. Recovery is important for rebuilding muscles after each intense workout, so you quickly grow muscle and sculpt your body.
- It also helps you avoid fatigue and doesn’t cause crashes.
In our opinion, Instant Knockout Complete Meal Replacement is one of the best shakes at keeping you full. Additionally, the thermogenic properties of this shake allow the fat burning you need for quick cutting and eliminating water weight, so you don’t get that “doughy” look. You’re left with only lean, ripped muscle definition.
Best Huel Alternative UK
The best Huel alternative UK residents can expect is PhenQ Complete Meal Replacement. While Instant Knockout isn’t far behind it, we feel that PhenQ is a complete supplement, doing a better job at replicating an actual meal.
During our trials with PhenQ we were able to bulk more and cut faster. The vitamins and nutrients contained in PhenQ Complete Meal Replacement give you what you need to build hard, solid muscle while burning fat quickly.
We strongly recommend both of these shakes for anyone looking to get ripped and cut weight. However, both can also be used for the average person on the go looking to maintain a healthy diet. Out of the two, PhenQ gets the edge – there’s no doubt about the fact that both of these products give Huel a run for its money.
Visit Their Website:
#1 Meal Replacement